Monday, April 29, 2013

Flowers and the Mountains

 
There's something about fresh flowers that always makes a girl happy!
 
Well that and an amazing view of the mountains!
 
The other day I was really struggling with feeling left out.
I felt like no one appreciated all that I do around the house. I sometimes feel unnoticed.
Have you ever felt like that?
 
Well, the other day I was driving home from town and I was praying and asking God why he moved us out to the prairie. I needed some kind of reassurance of why we are here. Mind you, it has been windy and dusty out here for days and we finally got a little bit of snow. And, when I turned down our road, I stopped and God gave me a glimpse of Pikes Peak and the mountains ranges next to them. They were covered in a new blanket of snow and the view was so clear and so beautiful!!
(We have not been able to see the mountains all Winter!) We have this glare, dusty air and so for God to show me this clear view of our mountains it was just breath taking!
I did get a picture, but seeing it with your own eyes was just that more amazing!
And as you can see for yourself, this picture just doesn't show how clear the mountains were!
 All I know is that God knew I needed something so simple as a view of our mountain range to show me why we are out here. I know without a doubt that God has us out here for a reason and sometimes we don't understand the reason at the moment, but in time he starts to reveal it to us.
It's always in God Perfect Timing!
 
I hope you all have a very blessed week!
(And, go and buy you some pretty flowers, they really do cheer a person up)
 
 
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalms 27:4
 
Blessings,
 
 

2 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

I think the Lord just wanted to bless you with His majestic mountains. It is like just because we don't always see Him. Yet He is always there for us!
I agree with you about buying yourself flowers when you need a special pick me up when things have been so dry and hard.
Blessings, Roxy

Marie said...

aww this was such an encouraging post. I know what you are talking about and I love what the Lord showed you. The picture is just beautiful. I do envy your view, a colorado girl can never get over those mountains! I agree with you about cheering yourself with fresh bought flowers. :)

Miss you so much Amy and I wish we lived closer so we could spend time together with out boys. You and Barry are so dear to us. Of course I still see Roxy and Danny as my second parents.

~ Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...