Thursday, May 2, 2013

Creamy Potato Soup




I have made this soup for as long as I can remember and it is
one of those comfort foods that is a must for me.  I can eat soup all year round.
 There's just something about a cup of hot soup that really speaks "cozy" to me.
 
So, I thought I'd share it with you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
 
Creamy Potato Soup
 
1 pkg. bacon, chopped
1 c. chopped onion
4 c. cubed potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans of milk
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 green onion, chopped finely
salt and pepper, to taste
 
In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Pour off all but 3 Tbsp. of the fat, add the onion and garlic, brown slightly. Add potatoes and enough water to cover the top of the potatoes, about 2 cups. Cook, covered until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
 Combine the soup and milk, stir until smooth. Add to the potatoes. Heat but do not bring to a boil. Stir in your salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the bacon and the green onion just before serving.
*I sometimes add fresh green chilies and a dash of cayenne pepper for a hint of heat,
which my hubby loves!
 
 
 
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to your bones.
Proverbs 15:30
 
 
 
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Marie said...

I think you need to start posting your menu every week because you get my menu going when I see what your cooking. This looks and sounds delicious. I love that you add green chilies also. Will have to try this recipe!

Love you guys
~ Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...