Monday, July 8, 2013

When Your Back Is Against The Wall


I'm sure you have seen movies where the bad guys chase the hero into an alley.
He runs across empty barrels,
through hanging laundry,
over a stack of rubbish, and comes to
a......... brick wall!!!

 
Panicked, our hero turns to face the bad guys, and his back is literally against the wall.
And while you watch this scene, you consciously recognize it as a metaphor for many fearful moments in your life.
 
Often God leads us to what seems like a dead end, and we can be overcome with a sense of doom.  Our human tendency is to take our eyes off of God, look at the problem before us, and feel overwhelmed with fear and anxiety.  And when fear floods in, faith floods out!
 
How can you handle these times that seem so hopeless?  When your back is against the wall, choose faith over fear. Stand firm in the faith and put your trust in God.
 
These frightening moments are only a temporary dead end. God will lead us to the point when we can no longer help ourselves and must trust in God alone. Then God goes to work and He is glorified in a way greater than ever before.  We are called to choose Faith over fear and to trust that in God's plan there are no permanent dead ends!
 
 
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
 
 
Blessings Always,
 


4 comments:

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! Again, I think that we are psychic twins or something. My post today has to do with waiting. And how bad I am at it!

Sitting at the brick wall, I don't wait for God, I try to buy some dynamite :) Great idea that it's 'faith over fear.' I love that my friend!

Peace in Christ,
Ceil

Pam said...

Such good words Amy, and I agree, it is "faith over fear" as Ceil said. Do we truly trust in Him?... yes, and those brick walls are places where we often see where our heart is, and have opportunity to stand in our faith in Him.

Also, I didn't get a chance to comment on your previous post, but I loved it, and I loved the quotes of some of our founders... those are treasures that need to be written, spoken, talked about and remembered more and more and more... Thanks for your wonderful posts
Love you ,
Pam

living from glory to glory said...

I feel the same way about brick walls as I do about mountains.
Scripture tells us we can leap over walls and speak to the mountains.
Jump when He says to jump!
Hey maybe I need one of those super hero costumes!
Blessings, Roxy

Ashley said...

Very well said!! I needed that tonight. Thanks Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...