Monday, December 2, 2013

Wonderful Memories

 
 
I love my Grammy!
And I miss her a little more each day!
 
My Grammy has been gone for a very long time,
and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her.
 
 
My Grammy was a wonderful lady!
 
She loved to take long walks
and she loved planting her pansies in her little garden.
Hummingbirds were her favorite and she made sure they had food to eat.
 
 
She loved spending time with her family
and especially hanging out with her grand children!
 
 
She loved oatmeal and peanut butter toast.
And of course a good cup of hot coffee!
 
 
She was a very spiritual person and walked to church every Sunday.
 
She loved spending time with the Lord
every morning and it showed!
 
My Grammy lived in a very small town and knew everyone,
she always had time to stop and chat
and always wore a smile on her face.
 
She was soft spoken unless you mad her mad (which wasn't very often).
 
She taught me to be kind and respect your elders.
 
She taught me how to make the "best ever" peanut butter cookies.
 
I remember sitting at her sewing table for hours watching
and learning how to sew a button on or mending a pair of jeans.
(which I should of paid more attention too, cause I can't remember how now. "smiles")
 
My Grammy was my Best Friend and I'm so blessed to have
been apart of all the wonderful years she was here with us.
 
What great memories I have of my sweet Grammy.
And, those will carry me on until I see her again.....
 
What precious memory do you have?
 
 
Blessings Always,
 
 
 


5 comments:

Pam said...

What a precious memory Amy. It makes me wish I knew her too. It gives me a beautiful picture and something to strive to be like.
Love and blessings,
Pam

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! What a sweet dedication to your Grandmother. I wonder how many children had such a close relationship with their grandparents as you did? I didn't! I loved them, but we didn't have a lot of one-on-one time. Too many of us maybe.

I miss my Mom this time of year. She died on 12/13/10 after being really sick for two weeks. She was 'Mrs. Christmas', and made it all such a special time.. so many rituals and fun times. I hope to pass much of that on, and I hope I have.

May God bless your heart and fill you with his love, and Grammy's too :)
Ceil

living from glory to glory said...

I pray and hope all of mine
Grandchildren will have such sweet memories of me one day!
I know I am so grateful for all the things my grandmother did for us as children.
I remember she always has a glass candy dish on her table which held Hershey Kisses!
Thanks for the sweet Post, Your Grandmother would be so proud of you!
May your Holidays be filled with His comfort and Joy!
Love, Roxy





Stephanie said...

Oh Amy, this was such a joy to read and I can tell how much you love you precious Grandma :) Your words reminded me of my sweet Grandma who past away this past April. I, too, miss her more each day. These Grandma's of ours are such a wonderful gift! Thank you for sharing.

I hope your week is going well. Hugs to you!

Marie said...

What beautiful memories you have Amy. I can see how much you must miss her. She sounds like such wonderful woman. I really see how grandmothers effect generations by their life.

Thanks for sharing your grammy with us Amy!

Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...