Monday, March 27, 2017

Blueberry Lemon Scones & Rain...


I just love a good scone, don't you?

After all I can make just about any favor combo
 when it comes to these delicious treats.

I've made so many over the years,
 that I can make these by heart.
No recipe, just memory....
Now that is amazing really!
(Smiles)


Blueberry Lemon Scones
 2 c. white flour
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, cold and cubed
1 egg
1/2 c. lemon flavored yogurt
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

 Combine the flours, brown sugar, 
baking powder, baking soda and salt. 

Slice the cold butter into flour mixture. 
Using a pastry blender or your hands, 
combine until it forms into pea size crumbs.

 In another bowl, combine the lemon yogurt,
 the egg and the vanilla extract. 

 Add to flour mixture.
Stir until combined.

Now gently fold in the blueberries
 and lemon zest.

 On a lightly floured surface, place your dough.
 Create a mound with the dough 
and then divide into 2 equal portions.  

Place both onto a cookie sheet. 
 Now cut into 8 equal triangles,
 gently separate on the sheet.
(16 total triangles)

  Lightly sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
Bake at 400 for about 13-16 minutes or
 until they look golden brown.

** These can be made into a gluten free version
just omit the regular flour for GF**

Now all you need is a cuppa tea or coffee!

Enjoy!!

***************

Moving right along:

Can you believe it's the last week of March?!

Where oh where did this month go?
FAST, it went FAST I tell ya!

For all of you that prayed for rain
Thank You!!

We got a big storm Thursday night into Friday.
We lost power for 13 hours!!
Thankfully the Lord spared our homes
 from any wind damage.
And we were Blessed with a ton of rain!
Puddles everywhere!


We also received more rain on Sunday!

The weatherman said we should be
 getting more rain this week! 
Yay!  God is Good!

Now, this is what Spring Time 
should be like in Colorado!

My hubby sold his old truck and we were 
able to get another vehicle
without having to take a loan out. Yeah!
He's all excited because we can four-wheel in it,
 plus use it as his daily driver!
He's been in the garage fixing it up 
since we came home Friday afternoon.
Boys and their Toys!
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

My hubby also sold his parents camper...
πŸ‘

We are still waiting for our safes to arrive.
The shipping company is yet to be desired....
My hubby has been on the phone everyday 
with these darn people and no body can 
seem to get their stories straight.
This has been going on a month now
and we were supposed to get them 3 1/2 weeks ago.
So, he will be calling again today!!

I think good Customer Service is extinct!!

I don't think they will be 
getting a good review!!

********

I've still been cleaning and organizing.
I deep cleaned my kitchen after the dirt storm
 (before the rain)
I moved some things off my counter 
that weren't used or useful.
More like it was a catch all space.
I put my Kitchen Aid out, 
since I'm baking all the time.
Makes more sense, right?

The good wife that I am, 
will be heading to the court house to 
get plates for hubby's vehicle today!

And well...I think that's all for now....

What have you all been up to?

********


I hope you all have a delightful week!

Thanks for stopping by...

HUGS & BLESSINGS,
















7 comments:

Wendi said...

Yay for rain! We are entering our spring rain season. It rained off and on all day yesterday and it is in the forecast for every day this week. Thankful we were able to get the septic repaired!

That is fantastic news about the new truck! A new truck is on the radar for hubby. We hope to put it off for another year or two. Both of our vehicles are paid for and we don't want to take out a loan. We'll have to start a car fund soon.

Enjoy your newly organized kitchen!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I've printed out your blueberry scone recipe - would you believe I sat down at the computer this morning wondering if I could find a good blueberry scone recipe? Yep! I found it here :) I will be making it shortly, sure wish I could invite you over for a cuppa tea :) So thankful you got some rain! Praise God! And how wonderful that your husband found a new multi-purpose vehicle, love those 4x4 trucks! It is so nice to have one out in the mountains. You will get a lot of use from it! Glad to hear your week is off to a great start :) Many hugs and blessings :)

Debby Ray said...

We are getting some much needed spring showers this week too and the woods are turning more green as each day passes! I want one of those yummy scones! :)

Jennifer said...

Life sure sounds like it's been full for you! God is good in all the details. So wonderful that you have puddles! and more rain on the way. How wonderful also that you were able to get another vehicle for your husband...that is an essential need. Praying that your furniture will come soon and that the waiting and strain will be over!!! Customer service is certainly not what it used to be.

How lovely that you've been making your kitchen not only clean but more functional for yourself. I like to have my kitchen machine on my counter to, it would just be a hassle to move it every day to use.

I love the scone recipe, thank you! I'm going to try some of these soon.
Praying you enjoy some puddle jumping with your boys. :) You're never to old for that!

Vicky Hunt said...

You've been busy! Yay for the rain...we need it desperately right now too. Hopefully soon! Can you believe I have never made or eaten a scone. They look delicious though. I might have to try them someday. Trying not to bake too much these days. I do crave a warm baked treat often though. Hope you are doing well. Have a great Friday and weekend.

Hugs, Vicky

Jill said...

Hi Amy, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) I love your blog and look forward to getting to know you better. I enjoy making scones and other goodies with my girls and having tea parties, etc. :-) I hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

Anne Payne said...

I have never made scones but Marilyn posted a link to your recipe, and now I think I might have to give them a go! They look sooooo good! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...