Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Best Muffin Yet...


I have been on a muffin kick for a while now,
please bare with me.

I have lots of muffin recipes to share with you
and I will try not to post them all at once..

I am trying and experimenting with recipes 
to try and cut back on some of the sugars.

Some recipes call for so much sugar, 
just reading the recipe makes my teeth hurt!

And, then this way, my kids get a healthier muffin or cake or cookie.

Let's just get one thing straight here before I give you this recipe.
I am by far NOT a health nut, but I do like to eat better, bake more
and buy less processed foods.

In the long run, its better for me and my family!

I feel better now...
Let's continue on to the recipe now!

Enjoy!

Blueberry Muffins

1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar (but I use 1/3)
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. + 1 Tbsp. flour (I use half wheat, half white)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. blueberries, cleaned and patted dry

Cream the butter and sugar.  
Beat in the egg, then milk and vanilla, beat until smooth.
This mixture will seem very liquidy to you. 
Combine the 1 3/4 cups flour with baking powder and salt in a small bowl. 
 Add to milk mixture, stir just till combined. (batter will be lumpy)
Toss the berries in the 1 Tbsp. flour, then fold them into the batter. 
 Spoon into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups. 
 Bake in a preheated 425 oven for about 25 minutes 
or until lightly golden brown.
*For the last 10 minutes of baking turn your ovens down to 375. 


Happy Day!



4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I'm not a big fan of blueberries,Amy but those look good and sounds easy enough to make.

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning! I would recommend these muffins anytime and anywhere! They are delicious and very pretty and look wholesome too! I like to use my blueberries, frozen in my recipes as they tend not to get smashed while I fold them in!I guess as cold as it has been in these parts I could just leave the blueberries outside, as that would assure them to be frozen :o)
Love to you! Roxy

Pam said...

I have been looking for a good blueberry muffin recipe; I can't wait to try these… my stomach is growling at even the hint that I might make them. Thanks Amy; looks delicious.
love and blessings,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving to you. I broke my foot last week, so we will be staying in and taking it easy. May God richly bless you and yours. Mildred

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...