Monday, April 13, 2015

No Yeast Bread...



Good Morning All!

I have been trying to find a no yeast bread recipe and 
I have been experimenting again trying to make a home bread 
with no yeast.  I want a bread that is moist and fluffy
and not all dense and dry.

I have been struggling with yeast breads for a bit now
and I have narrowed it down to the baker's yeast
 that is making my tummy not so happy.

Did you know that they put a yeast extract 
like in almost all of our foods?

I was shocked when I was eating something that thought there is no way 
this can have yeast in it and it does!  
It was Cream of Chicken soup..... 
Most processed foods have some sort of yeast in it.
And there are several different yeasts that they use...
I have been educating myself and now I am
 learning to read all the ingredients on the boxes.

Once, I took the yeast out of my diet, 
my tummy started to feel much better!

Amazing, right?

I keep getting those little checks, like I shouldn't be eating that or
the little whispers that say if you eat that you will be sick.

Well, I have finally decided that I need to cut all yeast products
 out of my diet for a while and see if these other symptoms go away. 
 As of right now, I actually feel really good.

I tried to eat some Cheese It's the other day and
 that horrible feeling came back,
lone behold I look at the ingredients and 
viola there is yeast in them too!

So.....
I'll leave all the yeast issues behind and tell you 
I have found a no yeast bread that seems
to fit my bread cravings!  Yay!

I hope you give this a try too, 
it is a very yummy bread!



Non-Yeast Bread

3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg, beaten
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease one loaf pan, set aside.
Combine all the dry ingredients. Blend in the egg and buttermilk.
Add to flour mixture.  Mix well. Stir in the melted butter.
Pour into greased pan.
Bake for 65-70 minutes or until golden brown.

This bread makes a great piece of toast 
and is perfect for a sandwich!

Happy Baking Friends!



12 comments:

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello Amy,
This bread looks just delicious!
Perfect for those of us who can't eat yeast...have you ever tried sourdough bread? Oh my! I love it:)
Blessings on your new week and much love in Christ!
Kelly-Anne

NanaDiana said...

That bread looks delicious, Amy. I am saving this recipe. I am glad you narrowed down what was causing your problems and can avoid it. Sometimes people never can figure out just what upsets their system. xo Diana

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Amy, I am so glad you are feeling better! And yes, I have also realized yeast is in so many products with little hidden names given to them! I hope you will share with us all you learn about this yeast that is hidden everywhere. I hope to try this bread soon! Hugs and may your week be blessed and filled with joy and strength!
Roxy xo

lizzy said...

So glad you have found a bread recipe that you can eat and feel better too! When I saw the butter at the end of the recipe, I can SEE that it is an amazing one ;)

Pam said...

It looks delicious Amy, and I'm sure it is; as all of your cooking is always so good. I will love giving it a try.
Love and blessings,
Pam

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your tummy troubles, but glad to hear that you've narrowed down the problem. two things came to mind, first being that sourdough bread has no yeast in it, as it makes its own leaven, and I wonder if that would help? Also, have you considered the fact that wheat may be playing a part in your tummy troubles as well? Yeast and flour are in just about everything as well. Praying for you too in this journey of discovery and look forward to hearing what works for you :) Hugs to you today! And your no-yeast bread looks really yummy!

Linda Walker said...

Hi Amy,
I am stopping by to visit your blog and I am intrigued by your no yeast bread. It looks delicious and I would like to try it. Wish I had seen it earlier, it would have been perfect to try with my homemade turkey soup we had for dinner. Thanks for posting the recipe. Also thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. I'll be back!
Linda
Mysewwhatblog

Stephanie said...

This was quite interesting, my friend. I had no idea there was yeast in so many food items!

Thank you so much for sharing this with Roses of Inspiration - I would love to give the recipe a try.

I hope you are doing well! It's snowing right now so we are tucked away inside by the cozy fire. Love and hugs!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Gotta love bread!

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! I'm sorry to hear about your yeast sensitivity? I recently found out that I am lactose intolerant, which really cuts down on ice cream...darn it. I know there are some products with low/no lactose, but like you, I just think it's best to let my poor stomach take a break.

This break looks wonderful! Like a sweet bread really. I bet you could add sugar and cinnamon and make it a breakfast bread? (Leave it to me to want sugar!) Your photo is making me hungry :)

All is well over here. I'm winding down on PT, next week is my last week there. I use a cane, but really only for balance. I hope I can speed up walking at some point...I am terribly slow.
Hope this is a great day for you! It's always fun to see you :)
Ceil

Mary E. Stephens said...

This looks good. I think I might have to try it. A no-yeast bread is just what I need.

Regarding yeast in everything - yeah. I have an intolerance to MSG (monosodium glutamate). Yeast extract is one source of that, or more correctly, it can form that when it's processed. You might want to look into the whole MSG problem. It causes a lot of problems. My digestive tract is very much affected when I eat it, and sometimes I feel poisoned. It can also cause all kinds of other symptoms - headaches, migraines, stupor, and various stomach and intestinal issues. One friend gets sick as if she had a stomach bug when she eats it. And there are SO many places that it hides in processed foods!

I've had some trouble with regular yeast too, and your problem makes me wonder if I ought to try an elimination diet on that as well. Thanks for sharing the details as well as the recipe! You've been very helpful.

JES said...

This recipe looks really tasty! I have been enjoying sourdough starter to make our pizza. It requires no yeast and you get the exact bread taste (but better)! Nice and chewy, yum... Perhaps something to try in the future? Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Amy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...