Monday, May 8, 2017

Wheat Free Cinnamon Scones...

God's Grace Overflows

Can you say Wheat Free 
Cinnamon Scones three times fast?

Ya, me neither...

(Smiles)

I've been experimenting again...
I know that doesn't really shock you now does it?

Sometimes you just need to try some new things
 in your diet to see if they can eliminate
what is causing your tummy issues.

So, my in laws, my mom, aunt and myself
are not eating wheat and are trying
 to stick to a low carb diet.

So, since I do 98% of the baking around here
I thought I would experiment with
 almond meal and coconut flour scones.

So, what I did was use one of my scone recipes
and tweaked it to where it does not have any wheat flour.


Wheat Free Cinnamon Scones

1 cup almond meal flour
1 cup of coconut flour 
2 Tbsp. green banana flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter, cold and sliced
1 egg
1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
1/4 tsp. almond or vanilla extract


Combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder,
 baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Using a pastry blender or your hands and
combine the sliced butter until it forms into pea sized crumbs.

In another bowl, stir in the coconut milk, 
the egg and the almond or vanilla extract.
Add to the flour mixture.  
Stir just till combined.

On a lightly floured surface, place your dough.
 Create 2 mounds with the dough,
 no more than 1/2 inch thick.
 Cut each circle of dough into 8 slices. 
Place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
Lightly sprinkle with sugar if desired.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 13-15 minutes 
or until they are lightly brown.

Drizzle with an almond frosting if desired.

Enjoy!

God's Grace Overflows

I was quite amazed at the flavor and texture of the scone.
They were almost flaky and you can 
definitely taste the almonds!

If you feel like experimenting something new,
try these and let me know how you liked them!

Thank you for stopping by...

Hugs & Blessings,

9 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Well, I wanted to say that being wheat free can make you feel like your missing out on all the great tasting baked goods. But I have taste tested these yummy scones, and I can for sure say that they were flavorful and moist! Since I tasted these very scones, I have even made one of my scone recipes and adapted it the way you described this scone here on your post! It makes someone a good baker or cook when they learn how to adapt a well loved food choice and make it either wheat free or gluten free or lactose free and then you never feel deprived or just plain sad LOL
Thank you for sharing this amazing Scone recipe Amy!
Roxy

Debby Ray said...

These look awesome, Amy. I also use almond and coconut flours but have never heard of green banana flour! I am not the baker that you are but am always looking for great ways to cut the carbs. I have been having fun using alternative ingredients for waffles! I have a few more that I am going to try and then hope to share them on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I tend to like things made with almond flour. I've never made scones.

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Hi Amy,
What a joy to be here today.
I am here today via Roxy's page wherein your comment caught my attention.
Happy to meet yet another believer woman in Christ.
Thanks for sharing this sweet recipe.
Will surely try this out.
Keep sharing
Best Regards
~ Philip

Jennifer said...

HI! It's wonderful how you create such goodies in your kitchen! Oh if only I could eat nuts! I'm glad you are finding gluten free foods you enjoy!
Praying you have a delightful day!
Jennifer

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

They look delicious and served with a nice cup of coffee or tea... Heaven!
Have a great week!
:)

Katy said...

These sound delicious! :)

Stephanie said...

Good morning, my friend! Long time no chat....how are you? I hope all is well with your and your precious family.

Your recipe looks wonderful and it's one I will have to remember to make sometime for my sister since she cannot have any wheat. Thank you for sharing!

Hugs and joy to you!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I always say that desperation breeds creativity :) You certainly have been creative in the kitchen making these scones! Now I have not heard of green banana flour! Sounds very interesting! I will have to look for that flour the next time I am at the natural foods store. I love things made with almond flour and coconut flour too. My favorite wheat-free flour mix is Namaste flour that I get at Costco. I will give these a try if I can find that green banana flour :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...