Friday, November 20, 2015

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins...



Thanksgiving is almost here!

Ovens will be on!  And the baking begins...

From here on out our ovens will be put to great use all through December.

Every year we have Thanksgiving dinner with my in laws.

She cooks the best turkey....
well actually everything thing she cooks is yummy!

So on our menu, we will be having:

A fresh (not frozen) Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potatoes
Mandarin Orange jello with whipped cream
Cranberries
Crescent Rolls

Talk about a filling yet simple meal!

Oh and for dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
and
Key Lime Pie

Oh Ya!!


What's on your Menu??
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here's a yummy muffin recipe that you might want to try...
After all it's perfect for this time of year!



 Pumpkin Streusel Muffin

1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. molasses
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt

Streusel Topping:
1/3 c. flour
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cold butter

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars
 until light and fluffy.
Beat in the pumpkin, buttermilk,
 eggs and molasses.

Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder,
 pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Gradually add to pumpkin mixture
 just until blended.
Fill greased or paper lined
 muffin cups about 2/3 full.

For topping, combine flour and brown sugar.
Cut in the cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes 
or until toothpick inserted in the
 muffin comes out clean.
Cool  for 5 minutes in pan before
 removing to a cooling rack.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Preparations!!

Hugs & Blessings,






5 comments:

JES said...

These sound delicious! I will be saving this recipe! Thank you for sharing! :)

Debby Ray said...

Your menu and recipe looks absolutely scrumptious! What time is dinner on Thursday?? :) Blessings, my friend!

NanaDiana said...

Amy those sound wonderful. I am saving your recipe to my files. I love pumpkin any time of the year. xo Diana

Stephanie said...

So....what time shall the family and I arrive for Thanksgiving dinner? {{smiles}} Wouldn't that be grand! Your meal sounds absolutely delicious and I know it will taste incredible.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend. Love to you!

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! You guys are organized! Your menu sounds filling and yummy, and I think your boys will be filled to the brim :) I do make a pumpkin bread, but I'm intrigued by the streusel topping/filling. I might have to add that this year...

We'll have turkey (frozen), twice baked potatoes, and that's all I know right now. My SIL is having us over, and I'm in charge of the potatoes. My brother makes pecan pie, which is delicious, and usually we have brownies too. I think I'll need a nap that day!

Thank you for dropping by, I'm so glad that we are keeping up with each other. May you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving, and Christmas preparations too. It's a busy time of year, but one full of loving traditions too.
Hugs!!
Ceil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...