Monday, January 18, 2016

Life & A Cup of Tea...


Hello Dear Friends!

How are you today? 
 I hope your week is full of Joy and Laughter.

We sometimes tend to get so busy 
that we don't seem to set down at all.

And some times we have moments 
where we don't know what day it is.

I have many of those kind of days!

When you are a stay at home mom and you home school,
 my days seem to run all into to one.

When I have days that seem long
I always like to stop in the afternoon
and have a nice cup of hot tea (or sometimes coffee).



When it's Tea Time the boys know 
that mama needs a break.

A time to just sit down at the table, 
in my chair or at my MIL's home.

It's always been a special routine I have done with my MIL,
for well...as long as I can remember.

She always told me it was a necessity to our health and life!

This is a time, where I can relax and have a
 general conversation with someone other than my boys.

Not that I don't love spending time with them, I do.
But, by 3:00 I'm ready for some uplifting and encouraging
 words to make it to dinner time.
(Smiles)

Do you have a special routine that
 you try to do daily for yourself?

How about at least once a week?

If you don't, you should!

We mama's need some type of quiet time!

Or the day might feel so long
that you start frizzing out a bit.

Trust me.... I've been there many times!
And it's not a pretty site....

Just saying!!

Now, if you are at a place you can stop,
turn on the tea kettle and make yourself a nice cup of tea.

Now, don't you feel better?

I thought you would....

Have a lovely day friends!


Hugs & Blessings,








10 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I do the same!!!!
I started when my babies were little and took afternoon naps.
Now, as I homeschool as well, I find an afternoon break is refreshing for us all.
Sometimes the children join me. : )
Lovely post!

Sylvia said...

It's always good to stop and relax, just to let your mind rest and take in everything so you can start back fresh and ready for the remainder of the day. Being retired I don't seem to have a routine, just do things as they need to be done.. then there are times when I still need to stop make myself a cup of Tea and relax.
Hope a good week,Amy.

Sylvia

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Amy...
What a very sweet post this was...you write in such a beautiful, uplifting way!
I am sure that someday I shall remember your wise words and take some time for tea...{{Smiles}}orf willing, of course!
May your day be richly blessed!
Hugs to you!

Wendi said...

We do that time to recharge. I usually spend some time reading in the afternoon. I get lost in a book and away from reality for a little bit. Then I am good to go for the rest of the day.

Enjoy your week!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I'm having a cup of coffee with you right now, Amy. Does Roxy live in the same town? For some reason, I had you two in different states in my mind.
Blessings,
Laura

living from glory to glory said...

What a cute and very sweet picture in this post, and what you wrote is the truth! If the whole world would just stop and have tea in the afternoon, so much stress would be alleviated. And I must say, having you for tea many afternoons have been a great treasure to me! I think we all need to be reminded of this little routine that pays big dividends.
Always... Roxy (Your MIL) :o)

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

I wish I could stop and have a tea (coffee!!) in the afternoon. I work as a nurse in a busy doctor's office and my coffee always gets cold. I try to do that in the evening and not look at everything at home that needs to be done. But I do know, as a nurse,that stress is a huge contributor to high blood pressure which surely affects our health. (I take lots of them daily sad to say). You've written wise words...and I would love to join you and your MIL on a tea visit!! Have a great week!!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a special delight for both of you sweet ladies to visit over a cup of tea! Indeed, the busy-ness of life just needs to wait while you refresh, and rejuvenate over a cup of tea with your precious MIL! My personal stress reliever is walking. I love to walk, hike, and just get outside. I started walking every day years ago and it has been something that I've continued. Walking and talking with the Lord.. it's pretty awesome... although I must say, visiting and sharing over a cup of tea comes is a pretty awesome stress reliever too!

Hope you are having a wonderful week, many blessings to you dear friend! Give Roxy a hug for me :)

Debby Ray said...

Well, surprise of all surprises! I didn't realize you was Roxy's DIL! How awesome is that? I can bet you two have some pretty great conversations over that tea in the after noon :) Sweet post, Amy!

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! Oh yes, even though my children are up and out and parents now, I still have a break-time in the afternoon. I have my International Coffee "Cafe Vienna" and sit and read, or just relax. I LOVE that time. I think my body and mind just crave the quiet.
I understand completely your need for a little break from the boys. I know Roxy looks so forward to seeing you too...what a sweet tradition!

We are all well here! My daughter's little ones are all fighting off coughs and croup though. Winter is hard on the little's! My son found a new job, which is a great relief to him and his family too. He starts in a few weeks.
My brother and his wife are coming in today for a visit until Saturday. They live in New York, so we don't see them very often. Should be so nice for my Dad to see them too.
Have a blessed day, and say 'hi' to Roxy when you see her for tea today :)
Ceil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...