Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Blessings...






Well, it's official...
We are now in the second week of December!
Can you believe it?
I'm telling you, hold on to your hats and enjoy the ride,
I thinks Christmas is going to be here rather quickly!

I am taking this month a bit slower, 
so I don't miss out on 
any of the holiday excitement.

I've been decorating here and there
and by the time you read this, 
our tree will be up and decorated!

My hubby is going to be hanging lights
 on our covered porch this year
along with putting out the family of reindeer!

We are all so excited, for we haven't put up
outdoor lights since my oldest was little.

How are things going for all of you?

I thought I would share a beautiful
 poem with you,
It's so fitting for the season we are in.

*********

The Blessings of Sharing

Only what we give away
Enriches us from day to day,
For not in getting but in giving
Is found the lasting joy of living,
For no one ever had a part
In sharing treasures of the heart
Who did not feel the impact of
The magic mystery of God's love.
Love alone can make us kind
And give us joy and peace of mind,
So live with joy unselfishly,
And you'll be blessed abundantly.

By: Helen Steiner Rice


Have a JOYOUS week!



Hugs & Blessings To You,






8 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good morning Amy!
Yes... Christmas time is here!
And, like you, I am trying to slow down and savor every moment. : )
We are decorated, wrapping, and planning our baking.
Other than that...I'm relaxing by the tree!
Have a cozy December day. : )

living from glory to glory said...

Very lovely poem! It brought tears to my eyes! I think we have learned the true meaning of Christmas as it is to bring His love and peace to others! I am so going to take time to enjoy what really matters Christ Birth and my family and friends and even a stranger if God places one in our path!
Hark The Herald Angel Sings; Glory To The New Born King...
Merry Christmas all year long!
Love, Roxy

Vicky Hunt said...

Lovely poem! I too am trying to savor each moment for they fly by so quickly. Enjoy your outdoor decorations. We are about to start building a big covered porch and net year I hope to hang lights for the first time in years. Have a great week!

Hugs, Vicky

Sarah said...

I just love your encouraging, homey blog! I am popping over after reading Harvest Lane Cottage. Thank you for your uplifting perspective!
Sarah

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh how exciting to be able to enjoy your new covered porch this year with lights! It is a busy season, but really, we must take time, as you said to just slow down and enjoy the beauty of what it really means. Beautiful poem that you shared, perfect for this season of giving. May the peace and joy of the Lord be with you in this season as we celebrate HIM! Hugs to you today :)

Pam said...

Such a sweet post Amy. I love thinking of you decorating and putting up your lights. We decorated before Thanksgiving this year, and we loved doing it like that. I do feel the Christmas festivity more than ever this Christmas, and so glad to be feeling it, it has been a bit of a struggle in the last few years. I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done, and look forward to enjoying the baking of goodies, and the company of family. Hugs to you all.
XOXO
Pam

Lydia said...

Amy you are sweet. The hand stitching on the mitten ornaments is so pretty.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I've bought gifts for my husband but haven't bought for the kids yet. Gasp! All my talk of prepping early was derailed by my distraction with the election then not feeling like it since Autumn was so late.

I'm keeping it simple this year, so I'm not worried.

Christmas Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...