Thursday, August 22, 2013

Honey Oatmeal Bread



This has got to be one of the simplest breads to make.
 
You still have to incorporate the yeast, but you don't have to knead it!
 
And, boy howdy is it yummy!
 
 
I hope you all give it a try, you won't be sorry!
 
 
 
 
Honey Oatmeal Bread
 
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. boiling water
2 1/2 c. flour
1 pkg. Rapid Rise yeast
1 egg
1 Tbsp. old fashioned oats, optional
 
 
Combine 1/2 c. oats, honey, butter, salt and boiling water
 into a large mixing bowl. (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer)
 
Once combined, let cool for about 5-8 minutes, or until very warm.
 
Add in 1 cup flour, the yeast and egg. Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds.
 
Increase your speed to high and beat for 3 minutes.
 
Stir in your remaining 1 1/2 cups flour to make a stiff batter.
 
Spoon batter into a greased bread pan.
Sprinkle with oats if desired.
 
Cover and let rise till doubled in size, about 45-60 minutes.
 
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
 
This recipe only makes one loaf, but I double it to get the two loaves!!
 
Happy Baking and Enjoy!
 
 
Blessings,
 
 
 


4 comments:

Marie said...

Amy, thank you for posting this! I am in need of a good bread recipe. I have been over using my recipe that doesn't have anything great going on in it.

Your loaves are just gorgeous. Do you have a bread machine?

Love you!
~ Marie

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! Oh, I love my bread. I'm Irish, and we love our carbs! Sadly, I am allergic to oats, bummer. But I'll keep looking for your recipes. I know there will be one I can use :)

You are such a good wife, mom and homemaker. Your family is blessed to have you!

Happy Friday!
Ceil

Pam said...

Oh does this look good Amy. We just got home after a long journey back, and I thought I would sit here and veg a little and catch up. Looking at those loaves made me feel like there was an amazing gift waiting for me. Just to look at them blesses me. Hope you and your family are all doing good. Talk to you soon.
Love Pam

lizzy said...

The picture looks divine! All the ingredients in this recipe really makes me want to give it a try! I love that we are so blessed with blogging. I can come over and be encouraged, have fellowship and walk away with a new recipe!! You are so much fun! Oh and I hope you are having a fun get-away you told me about. I would love to sit next to you, drink a cup of coffee while the boys are off hunting! Mmmmmmm :) Have a funnnnn TIME!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...