Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ham & Tomato Pie



I love to experiment with pies.
 
They can be sweet or they can be savory.
 
What can go wrong with a pie?!
 
Absolutely NOTHING!
 
 
We had an abundant amount of tomatoes this year from our green house,
and I just happen to come across this recipe tucked
 in one of my cookbooks and thought I would give it a try.
 
I hope you all do too,
 it's such a  flavorful pie!
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Ham & Tomato Pie

 
1 1/2 cooked and cubed Ham
1/2 c. Green Onions, sliced
1 Pie Crust, unbaked
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 c. Mozzarella Cheese
2 medium Plum Tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 egg
1/3 c. Half & Half
1 Tbsp. Basil (fresh or dried)
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
 
 
Lightly sauté the ham and the onion, for about 3-5 minutes.
 
Brush the bottom of the pie shell with the Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese and then top with a single layer of the sliced tomatoes.  Beat the egg and the half and half, until well blended.  Pour over the tomatoes.  Sprinkle evenly with the basil, pepper and remaining cheese.
 
Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20-23 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.



 
 
Have a great week!
 
Blessings,
Amy

6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Wow does that ever look good. I agree with you about pie. I think every food should be wrapped in pastry or nestled in pie crust. I am definitely going to put this onto my list of recipes to try. Yum. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Season Amy.
Much love and Blessings,
Pam

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

It looks delicious! I wish you'd invited us for dinner. ~smile~
Christmas blessings from God directly to you in Jesus' Name!

Laura
Harvest Lane Cottage

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! I love your recipes, they are always so different than what I would cook. I love to learn new things.

This hot dinner in a pie would be a real treat for my husband. He loves pot pies, so this is a really new twist on that.

Right now he is making Christmas cookies, God love him. Later, we're going to dip pretzels in chocolate. Yum! Getting ready for the trip to visit my daughter. She's due next week!
Happy Friday my friend :)
Ceil

living from glory to glory said...

Yummy, I sure miss all those fresh green house tomatoes this time of the year. You are such a good cook, and not afraid to try new foods. And I think I am going to try and make my sweet Hubby his pumpkin pie for Christmas because he missed out on Thanksgiving. "I say It must be a crime!"
HO HO HO, XO Roxy

Stephanie said...

Ooo.... another fabulous looking recipe :) Will have to try this one sometime soon!

It's so good to visit you, Amy, and I apologize for letting time slip by and not stopping by to say "Hello!" I hope you and your family are well and enjoying this beautiful Christmas season.

Also, I saw it was your son's birthday and I do hope he had a wonderful day!

Enjoy your weekend, lovely lady! Hugs to you!

lizzy said...

MY does this look amazing! You are right, you cannot go wrong with a pie!!! ;)

You need to do a post on your greenhouse! I would love to see what you are doing with it and some pictures! Marie told me a bit about all the neat things you and Barry have done and maybe you could share some here :)

Love you sweet friend....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...