Friday, May 2, 2014

Learning New Things...


My Oldest son, Clayton has been learning 
wood working and all that it entails.


So, I asked him the other day to make me a box.
I gave him an estimated size that
 I wanted and he went to work....


He is a very gifted young man and
 he can do lots with his hands.


Here is what my box looks like after it's all finished!
It's so nice to see the abilities and desires
 God has hand picked for him!
Doesn't it look nice?
(and, he just loves it when I take his picture....NOT!)


I had to wait a whole night before 
we could bring it in the house.
He sanded it and stained it
 with a nice all natural shine.


I just love how nice it turned out!
Don't You?


I wanted a new box for my tea and coffee station,
So...
Ask and you shall Receive!

We include this is his school work, 
because you never take a day off 
to learn something hands on.
That's what learning is all about, if you ask me!

I am one proud Mama and I just 
had to share his masterpiece with all of you!

I hope we have inspired you today!

In God's Grace,



5 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Amy, I can see his ability and love for creating and working with his hands! He did a great job!
He should make a few and sell them!
Thanks for allowing him to grow in the talents and abilities God has given him!
Did you say coffee station, love the idea of that!
Have a blessed day and hope to see you at the next Link Up Party...
XO Roxy

Finding Joy said...

Well done. I have things around the house made by my son, they are much treasured. On my dressing table I have a four draw box that I use for my jewelry box, it takes pride of place as my eldest made it.

Vicky Hunt said...

You son is quite talented! The box is rustin and lovely...:) I am so sorry to hear of the terrible time with your tooth but am so happy to hear you are on the mend. You faith is amazing and you are an inspiration to myself and I'm sure many others. Your comments always lift me up when you visit my blog as well...:) Have a blessed weekend!

Hugs, Vicky

Pam said...

I love the rustic box Amy. It is just perfect. I love it with the doily hanging over it. Clayton is full of gifts and talents and I am always so impressed with him. I can see why you are so proud of him, he is a gift from God to you and to those who know him. Your coffee and tea station is wonderful.
Love and blessings,
Pam

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! I can just imagine how proud he was to make you something that you could use. And every time he sees your tea/coffee station he knows that he made that especially for you...what a morale booster!
My son never liked having his photo taken either. I guess it's a guy thing?

Happy Mothers Day a little early :)
Ceil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...