Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Taco Baked Potatoes...


We LOVE Tacos at our house
and we LOVE Potatoes!

So, why not make a Taco loaded Bake Potato?!

Oh yes.. we did!

And it turned out yummy-licious!
Is that even a word?  
Yes, yes it is!


Here's how to make your own:

Bake some taters, 375 degrees for about 1 hour.
While the taters are baking, grab a skillet 
and cooked your ground beef
drain off fat
 and stir in 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder, 
1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt 
and about 1 1/2 tsp. pepper.
Add in about 1/2 cup. beef broth 
(Or 3 tsp. beef granules and 1/2 c. water)
Cover and let that simmer until almost all the juices are gone.

You can use a package of taco seasoning
 instead of adding in the other spices, 
if you'd like.


Next:
Chop up some fresh tomatoes and lettuce
grate some cheese
sour cream
salsa

Once your taters are baked, split them open
 and load on the taco toppings!

Next:

Nothing, now you can simply ENJOY!

I hope you give these a try...
 these are a favorite with my boys.


Happy Cooking!

Many Blessings,


6 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to show it to my husband and see what he thinks.
Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura

P.S. Have you had rain yet? I'm going to pray just as soon as I hit publish!

Pam said...

These look delicious Amy. Its a great idea; Steve and Eddie would love them. Definitely goes on my list of yummy dinner ideas.
Have a great day.
Love and Blessings,
Pam

Stephanie said...

YESSSS!! I love potatoes too :) And I love them loaded with cheese, butter, sour cream and pretty much anything that is rich and fattening :) haha

I am definitely going to try these, my friend. Thank you for sharing!

Love, hugs, and blessings!

Finding Joy said...

This is one of my husband's favourite meals:) Yum.

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Amy,
I think this should be called the Party Tater! You could bake all the potato's in one of those roaster ovens and then have all the fixens made up or you could ask the guest to bring a topping!Thanks so much for Linking up in this weeks Kink Party!! Look forward to what you post for next week's party!
Love your new Spring background Amy.
Blessings Always!

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! My daughter and her family are coming in tomorrow for Mothers Day. We are planning to serve tacos tomorrow night. I have never seen this kind of recipe! Tacos in a potato? It looks really hearty and easy to do. Hmm...I'll have to see if we have any potatos around :)

I've been out of town for a few days, so it's nice to catch up. You have a wonderful Mother's Day celebration, you deserve it!!
Hugs,
Ceil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...