Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Prayer Life...




It's all about Prayer!

When Life throws you a curve ball, 
what do you do?

Do you try to out run the ball?

Or do you Pray?

I Pray!  
And I Pray hard at times!

A few years back, 
we made these little wooden signs.

And, we wrote:

Life is Fragile
Handle with Prayer!

Gosh, it's such a true little statement 
that we should speak Big into our every day lives.


Every morning I set down and I have my time with the Lord
and I talk to Him about what I'm suppose to do for the day 
and I read His Word along with my many devotionals that I do.

There's just something so calming and peaceful when 
I have this quiet time each day to spend with the Lord.

Is there a devotional that you do, 
that you would like to share?

What special scriptures do you read each day?

My favorite's are: 

Be Still and Know That I Am GOD!
Psalms 46:10

Because of the Lord's great Love we are not consumed,
 for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; 
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

This is the Day the Lord has made; 
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24

We aren't suppose to live for yesterday
 or for what tomorrow holds
we are suppose to live for TODAY!

When you get in that rut of the everyday challenges,
remember to Pray and Pray hard for God
 listens and answers within his timing!


I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

In God's Grace,









5 comments:

Pam said...

It is so true Amy; I am always mindful that the Lord as always with me, and would be lost if I couldn't pray through every portion of my day. I love your morning routine. and your favorite scriptures. That is so inspiring. My routine changes in some ways, and is constant in others. I do love to have my Coffee with the Lord every morning; I love my prayer time and word time with Him. Steve and I pray together most mornings as well, and it is a wonderful start to our day. It is nice for us that he can make the timing work to do that during this stage of our lives, because it has truly kept us in consistent prayer together, and it has strengthened our walk. You have a great day. It is so nice that the sun is shining isn't it?
Love and Blessings,
Pam

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much, my dear Amy, for this beautiful, encouraging post. May you have a lovely day and wonderful weekend.

Hugs and blessings, my friend!

Ceil said...

Hi Amy! I love this. I also spend time with the Lord in the mornings (although sometimes I get busy, and I have to do it later). The "Be still.." quote you have is such a challenge for me at times. I just want to chatter and chatter, and really, he knows what I need already.

Thank you for passing along this important nugget of truth. We do need to handle our lives with prayer!
Thinking of you :)
Ceil

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Amy, I am always trying to be still; for it is in the stillness I hear His voice! I have been hearing the Lord says to me Do not despise small beginnings! I can truthfully say that if I did not have my time with the Lord in the morning I would feel empty and spent before the day was half over!
You are my sunshine!!
Love, Roxy

Finding Joy said...

As a parent, I don't think I ever stop praying, especially when one of my sons is suffering from depression. I couldn't survive without pray .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...