Thursday, July 19, 2018

Carrying On...


Hello!  It's been awhile and I thought to myself
I have a minute to share
 something quick with you all.
(Smiles)

It's been one crazy busy summer.

Going here and there and filling our
 days with lots of activities.

Camping
Fishing
Swimming
BBQ's
Hanging out with friends & family

The one and only thing I can truly say about this summer is
 that I am so OVER this heat!
And this humidity has been awful.
You have to remember we live in this desert place 
where high humidity is very uncommon.

But, we carry on. 
 Cause in Reality, there is nothing we 
can do about the heat or humidity.

I woke up this morning with hardly a voice
and I thought what the heck!

Oh well...guess I'm meant to stay quiet today.
And that's okay, I'm carrying on..

Some things are completely out of our control
and we need to accept the things we can not change.

We need to Carry On...

We need to Carry On and ask God to handle the things 
that we simply can not do ourselves.

So many people are struggling with all sorts of things,
health, bills, worries, fears, anxiety,uncertainties of the future
and the list goes on...

I'm telling you, we still have to Carry On with our days.

God has got all these things covered.
Trust Him,
 Lay them down and Carry On!

Don't let the struggles of yesterday, your past, 
today, the week, the month
heck even the years to come 
Define You!

God is defining you, let Him do His job and
CARRY ON!

Okay I feel better now....

I hope this post encourages you and inspires you.
Sometimes we all need a little reminder
that God is in control of all things!


I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Until next time.....

HUGS & BLESSINGS,

AMY






5 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

I just wanted to say that this is so perfect for myself and the days we live in!! I can relax, because my Heavenly Father has all things in control!
I Will Carry On...
Hugs, Roxy

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Dearest Amy...
Oh! I just need to let you know that your words truly blessed and encouraged my heavy heart today. I have yet to share this on my blog, but my mom and five younger siblings will be joining my dad in China (where he has been working this past year) at the end of August and my sister and myself will be remaining here in South Africa due to the two of us being too old to go over as dependents... This is a very difficult yet exciting time for us in so many different ways...we are excited that the Lord has opened the door for my mom and dad to be together again and for the children to be with their daddy...but it is sad to have to stay behind (we will probably visit them in January, though...). We also have to re-home all our pets which is pretty heartbreaking. Today I have been feeling down and weary and your post was exactly what I needed to read this morning! Thinking of you and sending love your way!
And praying it cools down!
Kelly-Anne

5webs said...

You wrote this for me, didn't you ? :) I'm struggling right now. Just dog-paddling furiously and trying to keep my head afloat. I would not say that I am depressed (that's not my way) but I definitely feel as though life is kicking me in the butt right now. I entered peri-menopause about eight months ago, and the hot flashes are doing me in. So combine 100+ heat every day with hot flashes on top of that, and you've got me at the end of my rope. I have always been very strong, very capable, a Type-A personality, with energy to spare. I work about 55 hours a week at my job, and I am married with three children (ages 12, 11, and 10). But lately I feel like I am being pulled in a million different directions and failing everyone simultaneously. I want to devote more time to Bible study, but too tired. More time to my neglected hubby, but too tired. More time to each of my kids, but too tired. House needs deep cleaned, but too tired. Each night I fall into bed exhausted, and feeling like I have let GOD down, and every human being who exists as well. Heavy sigh. Oh well, chin up, move forward....

Debby Ray said...

Hello Amy! So nice to see a post from you...and one with such a great message...yes, we all need to just carry on! We were never promised that our lives would be easy...if they were, why would we need the Lord? Some days, I wish I couldn't find my voice either, LOL...but I do hope yours has returned by now so you can carry on, voice intact! Hugs!

Jennifer said...

HI! I'm glad that your days are filled with good things! It seems that summer fills up with activities with all of us wanting to be outside. It has turned hot here (we got to 85F) and we actually had to retreat to the shelter of the house!
Yes, we do need to carry on, but not in our own strength, but the strength of the Lord. And yes, defining us is God's job...thanks for adding that in!
Praying you have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...