Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Homemade Flour Tortillas...


 There's just something about
 the aroma of homemade tortillas!

It gets your tummy's rumbling!

The whole kitchen just comes to life 
when a mama is creating and exploring new recipes.

I love homemade flour tortillas!

It's one of those recipes that I have had for years
and when I have the time, I make up a whole
 bunch and store them in the freezer
for future meals and snacks!

I hope you give them a try
(You might even never buy store bought one's again)


Homemade Flour Tortillas

2 cups Flour
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Lard or Shortening
1 cup Water

Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. 
 Cut in the lard or shortening, until pea size crumbles form.
 Add in the water about a 1/4 cup at a time.
 Stir well, until moistened.  
Knead the dough until a firm dough is formed.  
Now form into small balls and flatten 
into a circle with a rolling pin.
Grill on an non-greased frying pan
 or cast iron skillet until browned.

This recipe will make about 10 small tortillas.

These taste wonderful with melted butter 
and sprinkled with some cinnamon sugar!

Yummy-licious!!!


Have a wonderful day! 

Hugs,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, These sound delicious. I hope to give them a try!

Wishing you a blessed day.
Mildred

Wendi said...

They look wonderful! I never made them from scratch. That is something I might have to change soon.

Have a great day!

Pam said...

These look so, so good Amy. I love homemade tortillas, I think I could eat them day in and day out. I don't make them very often… you are inspiring me to make some. Have a great week.
Love and Blessings,
Pam

Ceil said...

Hi Dear Amy! My sister loves tortillas too, I'm not sure she makes hers though. I'll have to ask. If not, maybe she'd like this recipe. I bet your boys come runnin' when they smell these beauties! (or the cookies too?)

Hope you are all doing well, and flowing into June in a peaceful way. My blog-break turned out differently than I thought. I ended up driving to my daughter's. Her two year old was hospitalized with croup. Wasn't it amazing how God cleared the decks for me to go and help??
Blessings!
Ceil

Marie said...

Mmmm Mmmmm Amy!

What a great recipe. I love that you make your tortillas! I have only made the corn but now you get me inspired to try the flour ones. Thanks for the recipe.

LOVE you
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...